Customers who bundle car and home insurance save up to $525 on average Footnote*
You're in the driver's seat when protecting your vehicle
The below coverage options are available for Ontario.
Standard coverage includes:
- Vehicle damage
- Vehicle theft
- Injury, property damage and loss of life
Additional options include:
- Disappearing deductible
- Accident rating waiver
- Ride-sharing coverage
Save on insurance with great discounts! Footnote*
Conviction Free Discount
Home & Car Bundle
Frequently Asked Questions
What information should I provide to get an auto insurance quote/make a purchase?
You’re required to provide the following to get a quote:
- Details of all the drivers in your household (or those who have regular access to the vehicle), if applicable
- Date(s) of birth
- Driver licence class and year received – the dates G1, G2, G were obtained
- Driving experience: conviction(s) and claim(s) details
- Vehicle(s) details
- Vehicle type (year, make, model)
- Registered owner’s name, address, contact number
- Vehicle purchase/lease date
- How you use your vehicle: for pleasure, commute or business
When you’re ready to buy, keep this information handy:
- Driver’s licence number(s)
- The Vehicle Information Number (VIN #) of your vehicle(s)
- Payment details
- Leasing/financing company information including name and address, if applicable
- Driver Training Certificate Footnote1 date and number for all drivers, if applicable
- Current or previous policy information, if applicable
What determines my auto insurance rate?
We consider many factors when determining your auto insurance rate, such as
- How many years of experience you have as a licensed driver
- How you use your vehicle—whether for pleasure, commute or business
- Driving violations (convictions) and past claims
- Where you live
- Information about your vehicle including the make, model and model-year
The rates that we propose and use to calculate your premiums are filed with and approved by the regulators.
Can I choose my auto insurance coverage?
By law, you’re required to have certain minimum coverages. In addition to this, there are optional coverages that you can choose to extend protection against perceived risks. For example, add-ons such as the Accident Rating Waiver and Conviction Protector will give you an extra layer of protection against rate increase due to an at-fault claim or driving conviction.
Alternatively, you can opt for just the minimum required insurance as well. To get your preferred coverage, please speak with one of our Aviva Direct agents at
How long is my quote valid for?
Your quote is valid for 30 days from the date you quote with us, provided that none of the information you gave us changes.
How can I save on auto insurance?
A few ways you could save* on auto insurance:
- As a first step, get a quote online—it’s free. Also, the coverage options that you get (for your listed vehicles) after completing the online auto quote save you time searching for the right insurance.
- You could claim your reward for maintaining a good driving record with the Conviction Free Discount!
- You could save with our Graduated Licensing Discount—applicable for the first year when you move from G1 to G2 or G2 to G.
- Have a driver training certificate that you can show-off? Make the most of it: a certificate from a ministry-approved driving school earns you credit in terms of your driving record, which may help lower your auto insurance premiums.
- The best savings come in bundles! As an existing or prospective homeowner (house, condo) or tenant, you or your spouse can bundle your principal home and auto policies with Aviva Direct and benefit from a Combined Policy Discount.
- Aviva Direct rewards a safety-first approach to driving with the Winter Tire Discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: insuring more than one vehicle (belonging to you or your spouse) with us is not just a matter of convenience—it’s convenience at a discounted premium.
- Retiree Discount: If you’re retired, you may benefit from a discount off your premium for accident benefits coverage and uninsured auto coverage.
I am using my vehicle for ridesharing. Do I qualify for auto insurance?
Your personal auto insurance will not cover you if you’re using your vehicle to carry paying passengers or for a ridesharing service like Uber/Lyft. You will need an add-on such as the Coverage for Ridesharing endorsement from Aviva Direct. To add this endorsement to your policy, please speak with one of our Aviva Direct agents at
Why buy auto insurance from Aviva Direct?
Aviva Direct offers the convenience of shopping for home or auto insurance from the comfort of your home.
- It’s digital, it’s Direct: in just 3 minutes—and in your own time—you can get a competitive quote and coverage options that work best for you.
- Personalized touch: with a quick phone call and guidance from our knowledgeable insurance agents, you can bind your policy—confidently.
- An efficient claims process: Customer service is our number 1 priority. Making an auto insurance claim with Aviva Direct is easy and starts with you filling out an online submission form. Alternatively, you can call
1-866-MY Aviva (1 866-692-8482)to speak with a claim representative. You will have the benefit of working with a dedicated claims team whose goal is to handle your request quickly and fairly.
Do you provide auto insurance for older vehicles?
For vehicles 20 years and older, we will require you to pass a government-approved mechanical safety inspection and obtain a certificate. Once this safety certificate is provided to us, your application will be subject to our review and approval. To find out more information, please speak with one of our Aviva Direct agents at
How do I know my information is safe?
Another priority for Aviva Direct is consumer education about insurance fraud. Detecting and preventing fraud is a collective effort by both Aviva Direct and our Customers. Learn more about what we’re doing to avoid falling victim to an insurance scam. Visit our Fraud Hub today; empower yourself to recognize and prevent insurance fraud.
Can I quote for more than one vehicle?
You can get a quote online for a maximum of 2 vehicles and/or 2 drivers.
If you are looking to add more vehicles/drivers to your policy, please speak with one of our Aviva Direct agents at
I have out-of-province or out-of-country driving experience. Can I get a quote online?
If you have out-of-country or out-of-province driving experience, please call one of our Aviva Direct agents at
Can I get a quote online if I do not have the standard 1 year period between G1, G2, and G?
If you do not have the standard 1 year period between your G1, G2 and G licences (or the permitted 8 months between G1 and G2 with an approved Ontario Driver Training Certificate1), you will need to call one of our Aviva Direct agents at
1You can obtain the Driver Training Certificate by requesting a driver’s licence history from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation for a nominal fee
Can I make changes to my auto insurance policy?
You can make changes to your auto insurance policy any time during the policy term. To change the address on your policy, add or remove coverage, substitute a vehicle, or for any other requests, please call an Aviva Direct agent at
If you would like to change your payment method or billing date, please log into your MyAviva portal and go to "Documents and Billing" > "Payment details". Please contact an Aviva Direct agent in case you need help accessing your MyAviva account or resetting your password.
How do I request a pink slip, letter of experience, or access my policy documents?
To access your policy documents, please log into your MyAviva portal and click on "Your policies" > "Documents" > "Auto/Property Policy Package".
For assistance in locating your policy documents and pink slip, questions about your policy, obtaining a letter of experience, or any other general inquiry, please call an Aviva Direct agent at
If you’ve not received your pink slip in the mail within 7-10 business days of your purchase, you can contact an Aviva Direct agent to request one.